Saturday, April 08, 2006

AAPL updates

Fri, 7 Apr 2006 04:34

AAPL had a good run yesterday (2 days in a row). It broke its resistance level of $68.04 and closed at$71.24. The next resistance is $73.00 (which is also my Target - may have to review my target upwards. Have to see what happens today.) followed by $76.60 and$86.40.

I've already sell-to-close my AAPL May 62.50 Call (made more than 100% - six days of patience). Yesterday, I buy-to-open AAPL May 70 Call. I did this because I want to release my funds that is locked in the May $62.50 Call (already > $9.00). e.g. I could buy 2 May 70 Call for the price of 1 May 62.50 Call.

As I mentioned b4, I am playing AAPL up to earnings announcement. For the earnings play, I am not sure what to play yet. Will decide nearer to the date.

Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:28:04

Hi Thomas, Playing AAPL at the moment can be quite trying. While I do not know which way the stock is going, I am still holding on to my May $62.50 Call. The stock had been talked down by various parties today. GOOG is also introducing music download challenging AAPL iTunes. Despite that, AAPL just lost$1.48. Let see what happens tomm.

Looking at the bigger picture, I would be concern if the stock drops below and stay below $56.67 (its next support line). If that happens, I wld convert my Call to a spread selling Apr $57.50 Call. I reckon if I sell Apr $57.50 Call and consequently May $57.50 Call, I could recover most of the loss (if not a small profit) from my May $62.50 Call. Thanks.

--- Thomas Saw wrote:
AAPL look like its forming an "island". So what is your view? Many thanks for sharing . Thomas


Thu, 30 Mar 2006 6:04:51

I found another potential great play.AAPL - bullish.

The stock had been heading south since mid Jan 06 (it's 52 week high). From its high in mid Jan against yesterday's low, it lost more than 33%. After breaking its SMA200 line, it bounced back with a convincing run above the SMA200 and close $3.62 higher with strong volume at $62.33 - conveniently resting near the Fibonacci 61.8% level (which is also the candlestick resistance level). The stocs (8,3,3) and RSI(4) showed a bullish signal. The next resistance are $68.04, $73.00 Stop loss at $57.67 AAPL earnings results will be out on 19 Apr 06. I will play when the stock goes above $62.33. Thx.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Persian Cat! U R doing a good job here. A selfless act just as our TFAL Guru. Keep it up and wish you the very best in your trades.

PersianCat - Meooow !!! said...

Thank you. Actually, without the encouragement from you guys, this blog would probably take a longer time to materialise. I do wish that this blog would help its readers (in $$$ or otherwise) as much (if not more) as it help me too.