Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Updates (as at 30 May)

As the market tanked yesterday (30 May), I closed my NEM and BHP to lock-in what little profit I made.

BHP
Closed my BHP Aug06 45 Call for a 1.8% profit over 4 trading days.

NEM
Closed my NEM Jul06 52.5 Call for a 9.7% profit over 4 trading days.

QQQQ - New Play
I bought the QQQQ Aug 39 Put for $1.00 on Friday (towards end of day) when the QQQQ was at $39.45. I played this purely based on intuition. I am trying to trust my intuition. I figured if I am wrong and the market when up on Tuesday (yesterday) then I would close my position and lose probably 5 - 10 cts as my option is out-of-money. As it turned out, the market tanked yesterday. The option closed with a 45% paper gain at closing time yesterday. On hindsight, I should have just lock-in my profit. Will try to close this position today.

- PersianCat04 (Millionaire-in-progress)

No comments: