Friday, October 24, 2008

Attempt Fresh Lows ?

The market is testing to break Oct 08 lows for the past 2 days. Technically, it seems that it is highly probable that it could break the Oct lows. The market is not in oversold position yet (in daily chart). I would abandon any long position (if Ihave any), except my AIG shares which I collected by selling Oct 2.5 Put last month. For AIG, I am now waiting for the right time to sell either the 2.5 or 3.0 Call option.

My Dec and Jan Put options are still in position.

Despite analysts' bullish views on IBM (after its earnings result recently), I bought IBM Put options. I do not believe that IBM is immune to the market downslide. So after the initial euphoria, IBM slide downwards. Likewise for AAPL. While AAPL gave a grim forecast for its next quarter, the market seems to believe that AAPL mgt are being careful again and want to under promise but overdeliver. However, I feel that this round would be different. The next earnings could indeed be lower than analysts' expectations. Anyway, we shall see what happens next.

PersianCat (Millionaire-in-progress)

No comments: