Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tech Play - Positions Closed

Hi !

Just an update. I have closed all my positions in AAPL, RIMM and SPY when they are consolidating during lunch time yesterday. At that moment, AAPL and had been resting on its 38.2% Fibonacci level (taken from Aug low to year high), SPY resting on its 61.8% Fibonacci level and RIMM is resting on its 50 SMA. It seems then that the market is poised for a short rally. Since I have made my money, I thought, let's not take chances and take my profits that I deserve. The market went down further towards the later part of the day. Well, I am not perfect - but for these trades I am still very happy.

Sold Bear Call Spread AAPL Nov 185/190 @1.80
Bgt back @0.10
Profits = 53.1%

Sold Bear Call Spread RIMM Nov 125/130 @2.28
Bgt back @0.20
Profits = 74.5%


Sold Bear Call Spread SPY Nov 148/153 @1.81
Bgt back @0.83
Profits = 30.7%


The above play were over 3 market days.

Also played intraday trade for GOOG (straight Put). The first trade was disastrous. The second trade was much better and managed to recover the previous loss plus some profits. Then again, I closed too early and the market tanked further. I should not complain and still be thankful for what I have got.

- PersianCat04 (Millionaire-in-progress)

No comments: